View Single Post
Old 09-14-09, 08:48 PM   #161
MothBalls
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 20
Uploads: 0

My original copy of SH3 was shelfware. I found Subsim when searching the web for a place to sell or trade it. Then I found the first "supermod". If you combine all of the other sims I've ever played and added up the hours, they would be less than half of the time I spent playing the GW mods.

Just wanted to offer my thanks for all the work the entire team did over the years. Myself and my kids got endless hours of enjoyment playing these mods. I even wrote and released Kids Mod (easy mode) for TGW1.1a way back in 2006 just for them, so they could play it.

The real value for me wasn't the time I spent with my kids playing a "war game". It was the lessons they learned about war while playing it. We really spent a lot of time talking about how terrible this war was. For me and probably many people, it was much more than just another simulator. It was a learning opportunity and a chance to to let the next generation know, don't ever let this happen again, it's up to you.

A special salute to you Kpt. Lehmann, for all your efforts and most importantly, for putting up with all the crap for so long. Don't know how you did it, but it really made the difference.
MothBalls is offline   Reply With Quote