Thread: Now Playing?
View Single Post
Old 08-03-23, 07:41 AM   #2
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

We have a thread like this over at SimHQ, and I make a post every 30 days. Pretty interesting to see what folks are playing, and clues me in on some stuff I may not have been aware of, or games that are good I might have ignored. Good idea Oubaas.

Over the past few months I've been playing

Fallout 4 -- 500+ hours in to a vanilla Survival mode run. Took a 10 dollar punt on this game a couple years ago. Big fan of FO3 and NV, but had heard FO4 was a good game, but not a good Fallout game. Having played it I see what is meant by that, but I really took to it. One of my favorite games of the past ten years.

Fallout 76 -- Another game where the early word shaded my views and I ignored it for years. In this case it actually was a disaster at release. However they've stuck with it, expanded and improved it and I started playing a month ago. I've found it really suits me and I've been mainlining this game since picking it up.

PGA Tour 2K23 -- My top golf game, and I've played all of them down the years. We have a society with weekly MP tournaments. Good fun. New players welcome, just drop me a line.

F1 2022 -- I'm in to a lot of racing sims, but this one has the best career modes in the genre. One I keep coming back to.

System Shock -- The remake/remaster. pretty cool to play it again after all this time. A nice attempt by the devs. Lots of nice little improvements, but retains most of what made it great. But I didn't stick with it long. I'll return.

Super Mega Baseball 3 -- This game gets overlooked I think because of the cartoonish graphics. But it is a fine baseball game, probably the best on PC since The Show is console-only

Civ 6 -- They released new leader packs over the past few months, which is free with the right DLC owned. Lots of good ones and it brought me back in for a few runs to check them out.

Autmobilista Motorsport Simulator 2 -- I have every modern racing sim, but AMS2 is the one I drive most. It has the right feel for me.

That covers the past couple of months. Looking forward to Baldur's Gate 3 and Stalker 2.