View Single Post
Old 04-06-10, 05:38 AM   #72
CybaGirl
Sailor Gal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JScones View Post
@CybaGirl: So, you don't like SH5--in fact you called it "bad"--yet you want the Ubisoft bashers to "pipe down" so as not to end the game we all "love and adore"? I'm certainly confused.
Sorry didn't mean to confuse you. What I meant was this.

Yes out of the box I think the game is bad. Well it's not to my liking because it isn't like SH3. As I said in the beginning of my post and this is probably my own fault. I had expectations of SH5 basically being a copy of SH3 but with better graphics. Yes the graphics in SH5 are awesome without a doubt. But the interface and game play is not like SH3 so this disappointed me. But in saying this. This was my own personal expectation without even knowing anything about the game.

You see I went out and brought the game without reading a single review or looking at any screen shots. I did see the promotional video and I thought it looked awesome! Even if I was unsure about the game and had read the reviews on it I still would have brought it. The reason is because I have brought and still own every single Silent Hunter game that has ever been produced along with Silent Service and Aces of The Deep including the expansion disk. So after buying and collecting for all these years even if the game was bad. I would still want it in my collection as it deserves to be apart of it.

As far as piping down. Saying that you don't like the game is one thing and there is nothing wrong with saying this. As everyone is entitled to their opinion. But saying that you wish the demise of UBISOFT or you hope that they suffer from loss of sales and it hurts the company is another thing in my opinion. Why would anyone in their right mind want UBISOFT to become a distant memory like great companies such as Cinemaware, Dynamix, MicroProse etc.... Seriously, you would have to be out of your tree to want something like this to happen. This may not have been mentioned in this particular thread but it has been mentioned in others and on other forums and I sometimes wonder if people have their brain engaged before accelerating their mouth or should I say fingers in this case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanC View Post
Support buggy unfinished SH5 or else we might never see a buggy unfinished SH6? I cant agree with that philosophy. Encouraging a company who dishes out inferior products, simply because they are the only ones making said product right now, is just wrong on so many levels.
But Im sure Ubi$oft looooves your way of thinking though.
So how do you like running Linux? Are your games running well on it? What's the software support like? Any good? I mean you must be running Linux? As you couldn't possibly be running and encouraging an O/S from a company who has dished out inferior products in the past.

Who says it's unfinished? Is that your opinion or the opinion of the original designer and developer(s) of the game? If so. Can you please post the link where it's stated that the game is unfinished? Just because something isn't finished in yours or someone else's eyes doesn't mean that the software is actually unfinished. What this means is. In your opinion the game is unfinished and nothing more. Because it does not live up to your expectations nor does it have or does it do certain things that you would like it to do out of the box.

I wonder if you have ever tried explaining your philosophy to Windows users? I am sure many will not agree with your line of thinking. As Windows has no real competition! Yet they have and no doubt will continue to release buggy software in the future. Yet it is still sold by the millions! Its a fact of life not all software is ever finished nor is it 100% bug free. Yet people still buy it and people still support the companies who make such things. I mean even after all these years Windows XP is still getting updated and patched. Yet many believe this was the best O/S MS ever created.