Thread: [REL] Dark Waters
View Single Post
Old 05-22-20, 10:01 PM   #423
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

SHO Re: Fifi & SH4 troubles reinstalling...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
Disc install.
Even fresh copy from old computer (that works) doesn’t start.
Never seen that ever. Had plenty SH4 copy on old computer without any troubles.
That is coming from new windows 10 on latest rig.

Ok, with a disk install, the 1st thing that would come to mind is... Did you ensure in uninstalling SH4, that by chance.. after making sure to have gotten rid of the save game folder for it, that you ran CCleaner.? (you did run CCleaner, or something similar... yes...?)

Did you avoid the install, installing into the dreaded \program files - \program files (x86) area.?

If yes, then the only other thing that would come to mind, is to go over & remember if you followed the most notable important aspects of the install process... did you set SH4 up for running in compatible mode, of Win 7/8/8.1 (depending on the set up you have with Windows on that old rig.. did you set the SH4.exe up for being ran as admin... after all was set up with mods, did you then add in pointing out to L.A.A (if you use it & as I understand it, it should be, again to the best of My knowledge...) where the SH4 & the SH4.exe was installed/located.?

I know Fifi, that as what I know of you, thus far.. is that you are pretty much what I like to refer as... old hat to all this... but I ask for your forbearance on My asking these of you.. for often times the problem might well be sitting right there dead in front of us, in plain sight & give us a Homer Simpson ''D'oh.!'' moment...

I know 1st hand, numerous times of having them ''D'oh'' moments *chuckles*... so I trust you'll bear with My asking you these questions... it never hurts to look at everything from a critical, clinical, analytical & questioning line of process, if you will... as the venerable Detective, Sherlock Holmes was often quoted as saying, as it were that is.. when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth or in this case, the solution.

This adage, holds very much true.

Edit add to the post:

Crap... 1 thing that came to mind.. something I recall reading or seeing, where.. don't recall that but.. importantly.. seem to recall some having issues with games, running them after doing a disk install.. and if they did NOT have the disk in the CD/DVD tray.. then the game would NOT run fer chit... don't know if that would be applicable here or NOT.. but, as I said, it is something that came to mind, after I posted this...

Last edited by Mad Mardigan; 05-22-20 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Adding in a question, I only thought of.. after posting this post...
Mad Mardigan is offline   Reply With Quote