View Single Post
Old 03-12-10, 07:11 PM   #12
Piddyx
Watch

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
We did know in advance about the 1943 ending, so I disagree that it was deceptive, but overall you gave a good summation. I'm still swayed by the good things I'm reading, and patiently awaiting the day I can get it, but your points are good and the way you made them was great.

Fun review, Piddyx.

Oh, and did I say WELCOME ABOARD!?
Perhaps you did. I was very surprised by it. I should have read some reviews but I thought it would be a safe buy based on my experience with SH3 and SH4.

I'm a little offended by it too, because I know it is going to come out in an expansion (probibly with a Type XXI Uboat.) They have all but openly stated that there will be future expansion in their statements to stockholders and hints in interviews. Expansions should be for new content, not stuff that a reasonable person might expect to be in the game in the first place. No one sells half of world war two! It is just not complete, IMHO.

Thanks for the welcome. I've been lurking for a while, but I have never had much to add.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safe-Keeper View Post
Yeah, 'cause game publishing houses by definition have an infinite amount of money and always brush it off when they don't get money for their products. Any other industry would reel if 50% of their customers didn't pay for their products, but publishers, why, they just take it like troopers and magick more money into existence.

I wish I had the Vault of Infinite Dollars that some people seem to think is installed in the basement of every game publisher headquarters building.

Oooooor you could help make it obsolete by, you know, getting your buddies to not pirate games in the first place.
Look, I understand their situation. I think taking piracy seriously is a predictable response for the Assassin's Creed 1 debacle. I mean, they spent so much on tv spots and advertisements for months before the release date to build up demand for a good opening week, and then someone leaks a copy online so everyone who just couldn't wait to get their hands on a copy download the pirated version and Ubisoft looses maybe 20,000 sales. It sucks.

But really, we need to be connected ALL THE TIME??? What about once a day and when the game needs to download missions? Less people would be pissed off at Ubisoft. I'm not arguing for week copy protection, just a reasonable approach to it.

And to all my buddies pirating games. Please stop, OK? Thanks. If anyone who makes software would like to thank me for saving the industry; I drink White Russians. You should still expect weak 4Q growth due to the weak economy.

Last edited by Piddyx; 03-12-10 at 07:28 PM.
Piddyx is offline   Reply With Quote