View Single Post
Old 03-12-10, 11:03 AM   #9
Safe-Keeper
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 11
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Their lack of enthusiasm on the part of 90% of your crew, the extras at the base, and the crews of British ships seems to imply the Battle of the Atlantic was fought by heroin junkies.
Having volunteered at a street magazine publishing house for nearly a year, I'm deeply offended by this comparison.

The average drug addict is far more responsive than SH5 crewmen while high.

Quote:
In all likely hood, this is just an reaction to pirates cracking Assassin's Creed 1 weeks before the official release date. That event did cause "irreparable harm" (in the words of Ubisoft) to an otherwise awesome game that would have been one of the big earners for the company. Such an event was no doubt very traumatic for the company and caused this draconian DRM.
Yeah, 'cause game publishing houses by definition have an infinite amount of money and always brush it off when they don't get money for their products. Any other industry would reel if 50% of their customers didn't pay for their products, but publishers, why, they just take it like troopers and magick more money into existence.

I wish I had the Vault of Infinite Dollars that some people seem to think is installed in the basement of every game publisher headquarters building.

Quote:
In any case, it is a new DRM system that they spent a lot of money developing, so don't expect them to abandon the system just because everyone is bitching about how they dislike it. They will only do so if they see that it is making them loose more sails than the sails it gains from pirates. So, if you don't like not being able to own your game, play it whenever you want, and have the option to sell it in the future, then you really should not buy this game. If there are enough people like you then they will choose to abandon this type of copy-protection.
Oooooor you could help make it obsolete by, you know, getting your buddies to not pirate games in the first place.
Safe-Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote