Old 01-09-22, 12:52 PM   #447
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

15 October 1942
Luganville captured

Philippine Sea
USS Grunion spotted a cargo ship near Chichi-jima while it was in transit to its patrol area. It made a night gun&torpedo attack, with 2 successful Mk14 detonations for a confirmed kill. Intel reported high operational losses for Sonia bombers today--I think it was either 6 or 8--much higher than you'd expect to see on a day where Sonias weren't in major battles. So that's probably what was on this ship.

Burma
Moulmein suffered another shelling. Nothing bigger than light cruisers, so it's not much damage, but we're also not repairing it. Repairs in Rangoon are progressing slowly but steadily, I'll send a CB here when they're done in Rangoon. One enemy cruiser took a single hit from a shore battery.

CENTPAC
A 2-CA bombardment of Canton Island resulted in over 200 enemy troop casualties.

Malaya
Over 100,000 troops attacked Singapore. Forts are down to Level 3--I think they were 6. Casualties were 9000 to 2000 favoring us, but that's actually horrendously bad for a bastion being shock attacked over a channel/river. I think the next attack takes it.

Luganville Invasion
We attacked at Luganville again, and pushed the enemy troops out of their base. Luganville is finally ours. There are still about 2000 dead-enders left on the island that are going to make us kill them instead of surrendering. Which is good, I want to kill them after they wiped out so many of my troops in the early months of the war. Payback time.

Now we just need to land the base forces and construction engineers without getting my boats blown up. Recon flights are reporting the bombers have all left Guadalcanal, but that they have 160 fighters. I'll still need to be prepared.

Reinforcements
SS Haddo arrives at Balboa
SC PC-581 arrives at Portland
37th USN Naval Construction Battalion arrives at Port Hueneme