View Single Post
Old 02-22-22, 08:25 PM   #10
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360
Uploads: 0

I held off commenting until I had read and re-read the material. As usual, your article reflects extensive research, as Skybird had said. I will read through these articles again as time permits as they are full of good information and concisely written. Great read, Blair.
If you are looking for subject material, might I suggest reviews on the PLA of China and their navy. Specifically, How closely their designs replicate those of the Russian vessels that the PLA purchased and any improvements, refinements and deviations from the original design specifications. This would include armament, armor and power plants and specs.

China has a track record for stealing, borrowing and leasing anything that could have military applications, reverse engineering them and finally, mass producing them. The Chinese J-31 is an example of replicating the U.S F-35 without the fan mounted behind the pilot enabling vertical flight.

With regards to the Kursk, I was under the impression the explosion on Kursk was related to a buildup of Hydrogen gas from onboard battery issues. Forensic evidence showed the explosion was internal, not from an external torpedo hit or collision.

Great work, Blair.

Last edited by Commander Wallace; 02-22-22 at 08:34 PM.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote