Thread: Headlamps
View Single Post
Old 09-14-19, 11:15 AM   #3
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

For the sake of completeness, I add the main torhclight I use all the time over here, the Fenix PD 35 TAC. I do not have the verison 2 to which the tAC is comaored in this brief overview. Beside what the video says, the difrferenc eis that the 2.0 seems to have a narrowerr focus, and thus creatzing a longer, but narrower throw. Since I think the TAC gets this detials right about "perfectly", I dont feel I miss anything. Also, it makes no sense to spend twic eon almost oen and the same thing.

Fenix is one of the examples when an original Chinese company makes product that easily play in the top league of products woldwide. The manufacturing quality of their lamps is excellent. I know several of their lamps, since years. All where excellent. fenix also probaly is the company that triggered a price war many years ago that brought down the isnane price levels at that time that were fixed by Americna companies. Fenix did ignite competition by offeirng same and soemtime superior quality - for just a fraction of the prices demanded by Surefire and others. Today, prices between European and American and Chinese brands do not vary that insanely anymore. Nitecore is an originally American brand.