View Single Post
Old 10-26-10, 07:46 PM   #1678
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivetide View Post
ZW I know from reading the thread you want to make money from you work and I totally back you on that 100% I think you should and like the rest of the treadhead community I think you should get rich from producing an excellent WW2 tank sim.
Please let me tell you a few points that over the years my friends like Steve NSU Albert etc have come to a conclusion about what makes a commercial WW2 tank sim work..
If you want to attract a lot of interest you need to aim at the US market, that means Desert Warfare and especially Normandy… I know this sounds strange but most played scenario in Panzer Elite .. “ Barkman’s Ridge” U.S player’s from my experience over the last 12 years want to re-live those 3-6 months of fierce fighting, I’ll quantify this, when we had a panzer elite ladder there was 1 British armoured corp’s and 19 U.S and if memory serves me right about 35 Germany. Although we had Russian Corps none where actually Russian players, just few people trying out the Soviet tanks etc.
MP is the community builder, if you get that good/right then everything else ( Patches , skins upgrades) will fall in line and you will make a lot of money. MP is at the heart of WW2 tank sims, its where the ultimate realism is, but it’s also the hardest code to crack unfortunately. Our community had a lot of people who never played MP who loved PE solo but they were the ones who created MAPs scenarios etc. which became the most loved MP maps.
We played on really crap PE MP but there was a lot of us wanting to play on the 4 v 4 for hours and hours..
Well that’s my opinion I have been part of the tread head community since I helped on the Panzer Commander Beta I Beta’ed Panzer Elite with Taut and Helped Tripwire go commercial on RO, I was also the one who bitched Lighthouse Interactive to push TvT out before they went bust.. I set up T34vtiger.com
And I have to say in the last 13 years you ZW have done more for this treadhead community and gone further than anyone else ( except possibly NSU) than anyone I salute you : ) I will help you as much as I can I promise.
Thanks tide
I want to definitely use your help and advice man!
ZeeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote