View Single Post
Old 06-06-20, 12:08 PM   #33
Rosomaha
Loader

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
You can't "create" any bone from scratch, but you can clone existing bones.
As I said in my previous post here, this feature is buggy in the latest version of GR2 Editor; nonetheless bone-cloning can be performed with one of the previous versions of the program that I have linked in the same post.

You can't simply remove a bone with a mesh inside it.
If you have redundant bones/meshes, the best way to deal with them is either replacing them with a basic mesh (a simple triangle is okay) and setting them as invisible, or further separating your main model so that you can import the separated parts in place of the redundant meshes.

You can't bind any bone to the 'world'.
If you need to import a number of individual models in the same GR2 file (a series of equipment items for example), the way to go is choosing as template a stock GR2 file with a similar number of world-bound bones.
Bone/model number is not the only criterion to be followed though. Not all the stock files have support for AO, specular and normal maps. GR2 Editor can detect these limitations on loading a file and, in theory, it will let the used to choose whether he wants to add the extended data for some of the missing maps. Nonetheless this feature has never been 100% reliable for me, so you better make sure that you choose a native GR2 file with all the needed maps
Wonderful! Excellent! Great!... It'sm just bursting with optimism!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
[/LIST] What values? This is also the case with almost all stock gr2 ships in SH5. When catastrophic explosion occurs, they'll just bounce of the water and then fall down...
I only remember changing these parameters at the time:

• Guys, please remind me what this is and what is responsible for: Islands=xxxxx in the xxx.cfg file?

• @gap, perhaps you know: Registration of additional diffuse textures (_T02, _T03...) in SH5 works similarly as in SH4? I added everything, and registered it in the Roster too, but I have never seen the options yet.
Rosomaha is offline   Reply With Quote