View Single Post
Old 11-09-13, 08:07 PM   #14
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr-Berbunch View Post
That was unnecessary, just after my last post I bought it and left it downloading whilst I went shopping. D/l was only 1.5 Gigs though.
Check your steam folder holding AC. It should be 3.1 GB, judging by my own.

Quote:
Anyhoo, I've just spent the last 90 minutes in it. That 458 just doesn't want to turn in or stop!!! Even cadence braking and dropping the gears before and in the corners it's a nasty piece of work. I love it but it's an unhealthy relationship that's going to get me killed! Maybe TC off will be better for me?
The controllers need to be tried for different settings, and then finetuned, that I learned yesterday. Especially rotating angle of the wheel (my wheel is not allowing two or three full rotations but just three quarters, that translates into a wheel range of 240 in the options. Also experiment with the other settings there. Finally, in the physics options, turn off ABS (is it that in English, too?), traction control and all that - avoid the mistake I made yesterday. The car becomes more unstable that way, but you cannot do some of the more advanced manouvers with leaving these driving assistants on - they are designed to avoid what yoiu want to do - enter a spin or drift, for example.

Also increase the FFB, from 100 default to something in the range of 125-150, depending on taste. I just did so at Monza - and suddenly felt every scratch in the conrete I was jumping over (in the Formula Abarth). I think they are not finished with FFB anyway.

I tried the Ferrari just once so far, and found it to be a very smooth thing. But that was before I switched off the assistants. The two modern Lotus and the BMW Z4 are very responsive and agile cars without being unfair.

The car setup in the box already functions, btw. Change tires, pressure, etc. Some cars do not allow certain settings being changed.

The F-keys during replay allow several manipulations of the viewing angles, some of the additional to what the replay menu allows. You figured out how the apps system works, yes? It's one of those ingenious design decisions of theirs.

+ and + keys on numpad move your seat forward and back.

Find documents\assetto corsa\cfg\race.cfg, and the line

[LAP_INVALIDATOR]
ALLOWED_TYRES_OUT=2

Change "2" to a number 1-4, to decide how many tires must leave the tarmac to trigger penalties. I found that very annoying, and entered "-1", switching them off completely.

Drive, drive, drive!