View Single Post
Old 11-01-15, 05:34 PM   #285
MaMa
Bosun

Downloads: 108
Uploads: 0

I see (reading from some user on the Wolves of steel thread) that other users, are experiencing a different behaviour of the game than mine : the OSI process is not running along with the SH5.exe file ...

It is a new scenario indeed, i never had only the SH5.exe file running without the OSI.exe so it could be of help knowing the exact working condition of the game.

- As a first step i gently ask everybody involved with this procedure to do a first trial with the vanilla game, without any MOD installed (make sure to have TDW Generic patcher disabled also). Doing so we can make sure to have the same starting condition for the game. See if the OSI.exe is running or not in this way.

- A second step could be to delete the OSI application in the UPlay folder, this is the usual directory which needs to be deleted :

C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\data\3

After deleting this folder start the UPlay, go online and start SH5 game. UPlay should start downloading again the OSI application before launching the game itself. Check again if the OSI.exe is running or not after the game started.

After those first tests we can start addressing other possible situations, let me know !
MaMa is offline   Reply With Quote