View Single Post
Old 11-01-15, 01:05 PM   #280
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMa View Post
So, i'm a little excited ... but... despite not being completely sure of that... at the moment it seems i've found a solution to the problem !!!!
Hats off man, you brilliant conclusions leave me speechless!

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
I would like to acknowledge my appreciation for all MaMa's hard work in finding the cause of this SH5 problem.

What does this mean now the tonnage bar has been removed?

Is this new fix without the tonnage bar now the way forward to move from campaign to campaign?

Does this now make Vecko's Silentotto campaign fix obsolete?
Hopefully.

In vanilla game sunk tonnage is used to determine wether you pass or fail a given campaign. This is hardcoded, and there is no way to change it. Passing a campaign, on turn, makes new campaigns to become available at the right time. If I got it correctly, Vecko has hid the tonnage bar (tonnage is still computed by the game or not -when the tonnage bar bug pops in- but in either case you will be unaware of it) and he has made new campaigns time/triggered, rather than time + pass/fail triggered. Even so, apparently, new campaigns occasionally fail to become available for a reason that is outside my understanding, and you are left with no other chance than using Vecko's silentotto workaround. If MaMa's fix works as promised, Vecko's campaign modifications will still be valid, and new campaigns will become available by date without need of using the silentotto cheat.

@ Vecko

As we are on it: when MaMa's fix will be fully tested and hopefully working, what do you think about:
- keeping the tonnage bare hidden, so to keep the tonnage obsession syndrome away from players;
- keeping campaign pass/fail tonnage requirements hidden, for the same reason;
- setting campaigns tonnage requirements reasonably high (or low). Let's say just a bit over the average tonnage historically scored by u-boat camptains within the same time-frame/scenario.
- restoring OHs' original campaign dependencies, so that the best skilled players will be given more campaign options to choose from than average players?
This is to simulate highly successfull campaigns opening new scenarios, and Ubootwaffe aces being awarded for their achievements with the chance of taking part into them. As I have already said in the past, I like the freedom we get from your campaign modification, but I feel that what matters now is just collecting renown points and killing warships, which (warships) should be our least concern anyway. We could even set all ship's tonnage to zero, and our campaign would be unaffected.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote