View Single Post
Old 06-03-09, 07:43 PM   #36
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelifecrisis View Post
Excellent idea IMO. I'd suggest sticking to the actual mast height rather than using things like funnels for measuring, to avoid any confusion. May I also suggest you make it clear in your OP that several popular mods may affect mast heights. I'm not certain, but mods such as Lifeboats & Debris, Thomsen's Ships, STz's Sinking Ships Fix and others may affect how deep each ship sits in the water (which in turn affects mast height of course) and that's without even starting to think about mods such as the Community Units mod. People may get quite different results from the same ships depending on their setups.
yes,that is a good point OLC ! i know for sure that ''GWX_ships_Buoyance&draught_mod'' is effecting the height of the ship that is above water (Rubini had told me that the small ships are about 0.5m deeper,the big about 0.8m and the real big till 1.2m). can anyone ,who is familiar with these type of mods, (i personally have no idea) to confirm which ones of the popular mods are effecting the height ?
ps1: Thomsen's Ships mod is out of discussion becuase a lot of issues with this mod are not sorted yet
ps2: @olc: about funnels or masts : there will be no confuse at all becuase once you recognise the ship it will be shown to you (at the .sil)what part of it to measure. in some cases,like the medium cargo, is much more visible the funnel and its just a little bit lower of its highest part

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote