View Single Post
Old 02-09-21, 12:39 PM   #2730
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
Hey you two, Its called British humour, if you don't understand it don't comment on it, I'm sure Mr beanie can take care of himself with out any other members poking their nose in and creating a bleeding mountain out of a molehill.

If Mr beanie doesn't like the urine being extracted out of him (commonly known in England as taking the piss) all he has to do is say so, I'll just mark him down as another humourless yankee from across the pond, which from what I've seen over the years is not the case.

Now Mr beanie, I understand its not going to be possible to have the USS "Sally Sparrow" sailing the seven seas, well all I can say to that is its a damned shame old boy, a real damned shame.
It's a shame us poor raggedy-ass Americans don't see British "humour" when it is cast our way. I used to consider myself a pretty smart guy, but I guess I'm not, given I can't tell the difference in the written word between Snarky and Funny. But if Props is amused, fine.

Props doesn't need or want me or anyone to defend him. He's a pretty smart guy himself. I was speaking to the effect your so-called "Humour" has on the great unwashed on this side of the pond. I assure you I am not the only one made uncomfortable by your "Humour", such as it is. But that's just the way it is. Carry on, Mate.

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote