View Single Post
Old 03-20-20, 11:17 PM   #7
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET2SN View Post
Yes, watch Chazly's vids on YouTube. (blatent FPSChazly plug)
Honestly, Charlie does a really good job of explaining TMA and target tracking. Check his YouTube page for his "basics" vids and mission play-thrus.

I've wanted to come up with a more advanced tutorial but it's tricky. I'm not sure it would be anything more than just going over several tracking scenarios. So much of TMA is just developing a feel for it, once you get some basics down.

Looking at that plot up there again, the towed data is diverging towards the end there (by "end", I mean the arrow of the ruler and the top of the data in the dot stack, as both of those places are where the most recent data show up). I also notice that each sensor has 6 pieces of data but the data don't appear to be for the same track - it doesn't look like the latest towed data and spherical data would intercept anywhere based on the lines of bearing I can see on that plot. Were there any other contacts? You know about mirror contacts, yes? Merging two contacts that aren't the same target can be the hardest error to diagnose when doing TMA. I don't always do this myself, but it would be a good idea to try and develop solutions for contacts independently to see if they indeed line up before merging.

Also, I could be completely wrong, but I think redbook was written for Sub Command, yes? From my experience, that game models no error in sonar data and it doesn't even model the towed giving bad data when it's turning. Both phenomena happen in Dangerous Waters, as mentioned.

Hope this helps!

My videos:
**Exclusive Look at Modern Naval Warfare!**
Dangerous Waters Liu Doctrine (LwAmi
Learn to play Dangerous Waters
FPSchazly is offline   Reply With Quote