View Single Post
Old 08-29-21, 10:50 AM   #838
divemonkie
Medic

Downloads: 1031
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughesjr View Post
I tried just putting the folder in place .. I don't think it worked and the menu for officer voices says disabled. I did not see how it was disabled (I looked for a few minutes, then just decided to replace files in the sound/ dir with files from sound_en/).

I copied the sound_en from GWX mod (instead of vanilla) as there are added files not in vanilla .. but I also backed up the original directory in case of issues.

Make sure to copy into the sound directory (and not replace it completely) as there will be, even with GWX, some files in the onealex mod that do not exist in the other location. These extra files will obviously still be in the German language if they are called. It is important that you have them all though.

I have a very basic VoiceAttack profile right now for Silent Hunter 3. It has all the shortcut mappings I can find in F1 and a couple more I figured out from looking in the file: <install_dir>\data\Cfg\Commands_en.cfg. (Actually I found a couple more that are missing from F1 help in that file .. so I need to edit my VoiceAttack Profile again).

I do not see an easy way right now to enter a numerical heading OR to do manual rudder movements except right hard, left hard, and amidships with shortcut keys.

I am looking at the shortcuts / modifications that sh3speech made to see if they added some other key shortcuts to the commands_en.cfg file or if they did it in a different way.

I have not yet tried any mouse click menu type items for the voice attack profile .. just shortcut keys.

EDIT: Indeed, looking at sh3speech, they have indeed added some shortcuts into the Commands_en.cfg file .. but rather than replacing the file directly .. I'll see if I can diff the file from the original GWX. This may be hard as it is written for GWX 2 and not latest. If i figure out any great shortcut that are not in the standard Command_en.cfg now, I'll look for a VoiceAttack thread or create one on the forums for SH3.
DOH!
Good catch, thanks. I'd forgotten about any changes mad by GWX.
divemonkie is offline   Reply With Quote