View Single Post
Old 12-07-19, 05:32 PM   #12742
Kallale
Swabbie

Downloads: 11
Uploads: 0
Default Exact requirements for sub upgrades?

Can someone please tell me or pm me the exact requirements for sub upgrades? All I find are vague responses when I try to search for the answers. The in game chart says 10/39 for VIIB. Some forum post said I have to wait till happy times. Some other post said it's entirely based on rating being Ace and not dates. I don't care about spoilers, so PM me the info if you don't feel comfortable posting it in public.

I would very much appreciate it if someone could tell me the requirements for each playable U-Boat. Or at least where to look in the files if it is view-able with a text editor.

What is the earliest date I can obtain each U-Boat?
What is the earliest campaign I can obtain each U-Boat?
What does my tonnage need to be to obtain each U-Boat?
What does my rating need to be to obtain each U-Boat?
Where does my base need to be to obtain each U-Boat?
Is the most recent patrol factored in somehow?

At this point I just want exact information because I've literally spent an entire day trying to find accurate information either searching the practically endless posts on these forums, or looking through game files.

I have 8k+ renown. In KSD commander my rating is listed as 5 after ending my 3rd patrol at Wilhemshaven. I edited my time in port before ending the baltic patrol at Kiel to 1 day so I would be sure to have time to do Breaking the Fortress. I completed the first patrol sinking the task force objective by sinking a sub. I returned with 10k tonnage from that patrol and started the next patrol a few days before breaking the fortress ended. During the second patrol I completed 3 grid objectives and returned with over 100k tonnage. The third patrol was breaking the fortress where I sunk two capital ships and some merchants, and returned with 73k tonnage on 10/19/1939. My rating after that 3rd Patrol in KSD Commander is 5 with 191,052 tons. When I exit the game it says I'm Ace. If I start a new patrol and skip it, I'm deducted a point but I'm still rated Ace at rating 4 yet no sub upgrade is offered.

Edit:
I might have found part of my answer, and would appreciate any answers to the rest of my questions.

I believe... maybe incorrectly... the earliest available dates for sub upgrades are listed in "\Silent Hunter 5\data\UPCDataGE\UPCCampaignData\Flotillas.upc" for anyone who absolutely 100% has to know. I backed up my save folder and changed the viib date for the 2nd flotilla and got the upgrade offer as soon as i docked. Then I changed the file back to the original date, and restored my original saves. Hopefully everything is compartmentalized enough that it doesn't bork something.

Last edited by Kallale; 12-07-19 at 08:40 PM.
Kallale is offline   Reply With Quote