View Single Post
Old 11-30-19, 10:37 AM   #12736
boogieman335
Mate

Downloads: 208
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
In my installation, DVD Gold 1.0 plus patch 1.2 and TWoS 2.2.16, and reshade installed, the game starts well from UPLAY, but from KSD or double clicking sh5.exe the game goes to CTD. Without reshade, all ways for starting the game work fine.

Also, when started via UPLAY, appears a text in the upper left corner telling reshade is active, etc. but I can't delete it, and remains there all the session.

I tried it in SH4 too, and all works fine without texts and the game starts without problems. But SH4 doesn't use UPLAY for start. I think there is a problem between reshade, sh5.exe and his relation to UPLAY.

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo
Maybe its not compatible with KSD. With my Steam version I can launch it from SH5.exe just fine with Reshade enabled. In fact I launch the game from a shortcut to my SH5.exe on my desktop. It then launches the Uplay thing then SH5 with no problems backs up game from servers, etc and loads up with the new shaders. Since TWOS install did the conversion on the SH5.exe when it installed it no longer loads Steam at all.
If you used the beta manager when you set it up make sure you used 32 bit in the selection and d3d9 or directx 9 as the API. This newest version of Reshade has support for directx 9 10, 11, 12 and vulkin as well as a plethora of shaders, and works across many game platforms, so you might have to expieriment with it some. I am by no means an expert on reshade. I've used ENB's a lot in Skyrim and a couple of older games, and I have used reshade in Elite Dangerous but that was using other peoples profiles. I know there used to be some guys on here trying to get Sweet FX to work with Sh5, but I think it interfered with the periscope compatibility patches for wide screens so nobody used it much.
Even if you are using Windows 10 it still uses the older d3d9 directx files for SH5.Here is a link to a copy of the Reshade preset.ini I am using. It goes in the rsm folder that reshade put in the main SH5 folder.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/w8wxm...reset.zip/file

You might check the one you have against this one. The text in the upper left corner should go away when the game is running. You can open Reshade in game by pressing the Home key for editing or to see what effects are running. The Battlefield 4 profile created by the manger loads SMAA anti aliasing but doesn't enable it by default but I turned it on my game because the sharpening makes things alittle to sharp for my taste without it, and I didn't notice in frame drops with it on.

Last edited by boogieman335; 12-01-19 at 01:23 AM.
boogieman335 is offline   Reply With Quote