View Single Post
Old 09-07-18, 05:04 PM   #6562
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by captcrane View Post
Ahoy CapnScurvy Sir I can confirm it was a fresh install of sh4. When I start Sh4 I do a clean install. I delete the old one through the control panel and also select to get rid of old files which takes care of the Sh4 folder in the documents folder I also check to make sure it's gone. Then restart my computer. Load in Sh4. Restart the computer then add mods ( which are awesome) I actually started in Surabaya then was transferred to Fremantle. I have to say I don't know if a restart would have fixed it. Crapola didn't think of that I might have just said damn and scrapped everything. I am currently back in 1941 out of the Philippines. But have no problem starting a new game back in Surabaya. Just enjoying the heck out of the game!

How you describe reinstalling the game and deleting the SH4 folder from the Documents folder is exactly what you need to do.

As I said in the earlier post, I followed your time frame starting in Surabaya, and staying out on patrol up to May 1942. During that time you'll lose Surabaya as your home port about 1st of March, and have Fremantle as your base. When I docked I purchased a Bow 3.50 and confirmed I had a "Fore Deck Gun" on the Crew Management page, with 4 slots for crew. Upon starting the next patrol the Bow gun was there. The only trouble was the 3D crew would not man the gun......which I know is a Stock game problem. That's why the next version of Ultimate will address this issue and eliminate the ability to purchase a DG that won't work as expected due to the Stock game glitch.

=============

One thing I noticed when coming into Fremantle was the number of units in the harbor!?!

Way too many!! I don't know if you remember encountering this (or any of you other guys playing Ultimate?), but this is not how we want things to go.

I brought this up to our resident expert on mission files.....(propbeanie), and he quickly came up with a better solution!

The number of ship units that had spawned during my patrol, and apparently never left the area was not right! He reworked the mission/ harbor files and the amount of units being rendered became much more manageable!

Now, I don't know if this had anything to do with your lack of getting crew slots for the Deck Gun? BUT, when the game is maxing itself out of memory due to the amount of unit rendering that's taking place...….anything is possible?!? Memory is nothing you want to lose.

We hope to have this fixed for our next version too!!

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote