View Single Post
Old 07-15-21, 09:49 AM   #1370
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

However, there is something positive in all this mess, and I mean that serious. The deep ground water levels and deep soil reservoirs in the West should be filled up, and the soil should be soaking wet, which must be a great relief to nature, trees and life. I see since two years how the Teutoburger forest, the small remains of it that is, are in a terrible, depressing state, with huge areas being plowed under and cut down due to need (dry weather, parasites). Last year on my first bicycle tours into the region, I did not recongiose some places anymore, and this year it even was worse, and new such places had been added. Terrible. It could make you cry. This water flood will not help the damage done to forest already, but slow down the death of the remaining forest by one or two years. A delay.

But the dry summers of the past three years in the main have affected the East of Germany much more serious, and unfortunately the East did not get much rain at all.

In the coming near future, pratcically all forests in Germany will be needed to get cut and repklaced with other tree species more robust to withstand the hotter lcimate here. This measn that many animals, esoecially squirrels , will not have trees feeding them and giving them places to live for decades tio come. Thats why I say that red squirrels will dissappear in German ywithin the coming 20 years or so, and will be replaced with the expanding population of Greys form Italy and Switzerland. And again it could make you cry. By the end of this century sciurus vuilgaris will be found only in regions in the far North and Russia anymore, I think. In Europe, it will be gone. It could suriviv einc tiies, but there it will be driven out by the Greys, like in the forests.