View Single Post
Old 01-14-19, 07:35 AM   #11
Front Runner
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 215
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greystone View Post
NZShrkbait: Thanks again for your thoughts & observations; appreciate your time on thinking some of this stuff through..

However, it's all become a moot point; I did a fresh install & am starting (yet again) on a new career. Maybe I can get to '43 this time around.
(The new install showed no saves from the previous career, even though I instructed the uninstall program to retain the game's saves.)

KaleunMarco, and merc4ulfate, thanks again. Cheers..

Rockin Robbins "Silent Hunter 4 Corruption Management System" will help keep your installs from becoming unusable, give you an opportunity to check out the Supermods such as TMO, Ralles Mod Soup, Real Fleet Boat, FOTRSU, etc. while still keeping a STOCK Silent Hunter 4 "Wolves of the Pacific" install untouched. It saves a protected "Pristine Copy" so that if you do run into "Mod Soup" problems, you can fix them by using the Corruption Management System menu. (CMS). Highly recommended in this modern age of SH4! Yes! Re-install your newly installed SH4 before you get too far along in your new career. Installing CMS is WELL worth the effort.

Link here......
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...agement+System

Also, you can peek inside your SaveGames folders, the ones with 8 digit numbers such as "00000001" and using notepad or notepad++, open the individual *.upc files to see what's in them.

AFAIK, if you "Delete" a save game from the in-game "Save" menu, it deletes the associated files in both the RichSaveGames and SaveGames folders. You may have had some files in the SaveGames folder remaining if in the past you had deleted files in the RichSaveGames folder without deleting their associated SaveGames folders.

Gone but not forgotten, RIP Dave "LeoVampire".
Front Runner is offline   Reply With Quote