View Single Post
Old 02-10-20, 09:54 PM   #1574
Chris65
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Slow to load...really slow

Hey all; Getting back in SH3 after years of not playing and decided to try WAC but several problems have occurred which I seemed to have worked out (CTD on mission load but disabling patch 5.2 fixes that..etc) but one thing is still consistant, incredibly long load times for mission load, about 15-20 minutes on an SSD. I have clean SH3 patched to 1.4b, then 4gb patch, WAC5.0 via JSGME, then 5.0 to 5.2 (which has problems as above but sometimes works) and WAC wide screen Ahenerbe. The game loads quickly to 50% and then crawls beyond slow; while waiting for it to load I did dishes (the old way) and grabbed my guitar and played a couple of songs, that slow.

Is this normal? (win8.1 64bit, 8gb mem, 2gb GTX860m)

***Also when I quit the game I get SH3 has stopped responding***

##I have given up on this mod, the only way it loads for me is with 5.2 uninstalled and even then it takes 20 minutes to load (at least), by then the desire to play is long past. For 7.5 hours now I have been trying to get this mod to work with 2 successes, so UNCLE. I thank the mod designer for his efforts but this mod doesn't work for me.##

Last edited by Chris65; 02-10-20 at 10:50 PM. Reason: given up