View Single Post
Old 12-20-18, 01:03 PM   #17
Greystone
Sparky

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 0

Front Runnner; you requested in an earlier post: "Let us know the results of starting a new patrol when making the recommended Vertical Sync changes while in career. Theoretically, your next patrol should start the BT Clock anew.
Keep in mind that there will still be a Time Zone difference between your “Base” and your “Patrol Area”. For example Pearl Harbor Base Time would be different than the observed Base Time in Empire Waters."

Here's how it went down:

Finished last (1st) patrol & headed back to Pearl.
When I finished loading torps, etc., I started my 2nd patrol (reconnaissance Tokyo Bay)

Patrol started on FEB. 2nd, '42, at 0500; stars out, full moon.

FEB. 2, heading west, TC (time compression) x64 until sunrise at 0614. Looks like going into home port and starting next patrol brought the time into a realistic frame.

TCx1 to 0632, saved game, went to DT (desktop).

Reloaded, continued at TCx1 to 0813, saved, back to DT.

Reloaded, combination TCx64 & TCx1 to sunrise at 0740, FEB. 3; one timezone west of Pearl. Time at Pearl is shown as the same as local time in the game.

FEB. 4: TC to sunrise at 0800, 2 timezones west of Pearl.

FEB. 5: Lost info for this date.

FEB. 6: Sunrise at 0855, time shown for Pearl the same.

FEB. 7: Sunrise at 0924, Pearl the same (Pearl time, in my game anyway, is always shown as the same for local time all the way through the patrol; will not make reference to Pearl's time for the remaining dates).

FEB. 8: Sunrise at 1000, sunset at 2200. (Combo TCx64 & TCx1)

FEB. 9: Sunrise 1055, sunset 2134. (Combo TCx64 & TCx1)

FEB. 10: (TC @ 256) Sunrise 1055, sunset at 2150.

FEB. 11: (TC @ 256 every following entry) Sunrise 1110, set at 2208.

FEB. 12 Sunrise at 1127, set at 2226.

FEB. 13 Sunrise at 1145, set at 2244.

FEB. 14 Sunrise at 1202; didn't bother waiting to record sunset... got enough info anyway.
(6 time zones west of Pearl, where sun first rose at 0614 after leaving Pearl. (Regarding the recorded times above, allowance may be in order, but not by much, since, with 256 TC, a minute or more may have been gained allowing for the time it took me to hit the pause button).

My head hurts trying to figure this out; the local time and home port's time is always shown as the same, in my game anyway. I've got to start somewhere, so I'm going to assume that the home port's time is the one that reflects reality; to get real LOCAL time, since the boat's 6 time zones west of Pearl, one has to subract 1 hour for every time zone west of Pearl; 6 time zones, so 1202 (sunrise on FEB. 14) minus 6 hours is 0602 for the real local time. So apparently the nVidia tinkering corrected the slipping and sliding time thing, within reason (?), but the game refuses to show the real local time, leaving it to the player to check out the time zone difference, relative to their home port, and calculate the adjustment to get the real local time. Are we having fun yet? Let me know if this makes any sense to you.
Greystone is offline   Reply With Quote