View Single Post
Old 04-09-21, 03:05 PM   #2329
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297
Uploads: 0

Thank you Jeff! I will be in touch.

Good news, I tested the game with a whopping 125 lifeboats from one ship and I got killer framerates. Because I have now applied UnifiedRenderController to the lifeboats and sailors. No stuttering, except for about one minute when the game spawned the lifeboats. In real life there's no need for more than about 20-30 boats from the biggest liners, so this is encouraging! My only reservation is that my computer is very modern/less than a year old, but I can mod in lower detail options for ppl who need it.

I suspect having 20-30 separate survivors or more and a lot more debris/crates/life rings/vests/flotsam floating separately whenever a merchant is sunk will be easy. Plus maybe even realistic liner/troopship sinkings.

Also getting great frame rates while testing long lines of battleships.

Invincible class skinning went great. Screenshots soon.

Plus, I found an old Pre-Dreadnought model on my hard drive that was not destroyed in the ransomware attack that wiped out almost all my progress a few years ago. Thus, I may be able to whip up a few old British BB's for the mod, like "Formidable", "King Edward VII", and "Britannia". Instead of just having modern Dreadnoughts & BC's as targets.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote