Thread: We need more!
View Single Post
Old 05-24-14, 12:25 PM   #6
nimmerzz
Swabbie

Downloads: 11
Uploads: 0

Well, thank you for the warm welcome everyone!

And WOW!!! All my hopes and dreams for this game coming true??

I would have been happy with more missions. But this is just awesome!! Cant wait!!

A few questions/suggestions for the devs: Have you ever played or aware of Destroyer Command? It was a failed attempt at Tin Can/Sub warfare. The best part of it was you could be either the Destroyer or sub. So either boat was being driven by a real player. It made hunting subs interesting knowing the person above or below was hunting/evading you. I dont think this level would be compatible with IOS. But a full blown PC game would be long overdue.
I have waited years for a true WW2 naval simulator. Where all ships were driven by actual people. I know it's easier to talk about than implement. But i'm hoping that someday someone will be able to bring us this game.

A couple of suggestions: Have the type of ships you're going up against be a little bit of a mystery until you actually launch the mission. Maybe only give the amount of ships and maybe rough estimate at type. It's too easy to counter with exactly what you would like. Where as being caught with the wrong ships could force you to disengage. Also maybe have a renown penalty for losing/scuttling? I found it dishonorably easy to just scuttle and restart to get a more advantageous position when using my subs. Yes I am disappointed in myself for doing so. Disengaging would be the only way out without losing renown.

Also, have an option where who gets first shot could be random. Far too easy to win when you can wreck their whole fleet on your opening salvos. Perhaps also have it where the layout of the ships determines who shoots. Maybe not all three of your ships go first. Perhaps proximity decides which ships shoot. Versus all three US first/ then the three Japanese.

Please don't take my critiques as bad. I couldn't make this game in 100 years. I have a lot of respect for what you have already created and look forward to the next iteration. Overall if you decide to put out another one just like this, count on at least another purchase from me!
nimmerzz is offline   Reply With Quote