View Single Post
Old 02-08-13, 04:34 AM   #85
Wolferz
Navy Seal

Downloads: 52
Uploads: 0
Model railroading was a passion of mine that was never given voice. I never had the ideal conditions for starting and building a good layout, and still don't. <sigh>

My father ignited the passion by getting my brother and I a nice Marx 666 electric train set that we usually set up once a year around the Christmas tree. It kept two precocious little boys occupied during the holiday season. I think it was O gauge but I'm not sure.

I found this shot of the die cast locomotive that came with the set. The last time I had the engine out, after 40+ years, it still worked but showed extreme signs of aging. The tender had a missing axle that made it impossible to hitch a load of cars to it. My elder brother was rough on our toys. He always broke his toys, then turned his sadistic nature toward mine. Many a fight ensued. Now, here I am in my golden years, disabled and unable to work, with nothing but time on my hands to pursue my passions and no money to accomplish them. We also had an HO set, but I hated the thing for being too small to set up without some sort of permanent foundation. So I guess I'll just live my dream vicariously through you fine fellows. Please continue posting shots of your goodies.

Tomorrow never comes
Wolferz is offline   Reply With Quote