View Single Post
Old 05-22-08, 11:21 AM   #27
DJ Funk
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I’m no expert at this but I’ll give it a go

I think the point to this is that the more time passes the more features we will be able to incorporate. Since computers will only grow more powerful we are kind of happy to pass the time. Also I sense that the open source engine we use is still a beta & will only get better over time. For example we just got an important update from the devs & we now do things that weren’t possible only couple of months back. I also think we will eventually support many OS’s & for the graphics you already have DirectX & OpenGL support. Since the engine is developed elsewhere we’re kind of off the hook keeping ourselves seaworthy & we only need to make sure the graphics are up to par when the bulk of the stuff is done.

How do you judge if a game is outdated anyway? Isn’t it fair to say that any game is measured by its looks? Features themselves don’t gather age IMO. Ok, now if we make sure the graphics keep up with time & keep piling up the features isn’t it fair to say that the product will only grow better over time like a good wine?