View Single Post
Old 07-27-19, 11:07 PM   #15
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowFin View Post
Is Webster still active? Maybe he could chime in with his understanding of how the game models charging / fuel consumption and efficiency decreases at non-optimal speeds.

Any pointers to real-life
  • ranges
  • charging times
  • and consumption of fuel or battery capacity at various speeds

are also welcome.
no im not around much but i try to pop in now and then when i can but it can be weeks or months sometimes before i do.

as for your question, well now thats the can of worms i ran into with them, i literally surrendered after fighting it modding and testing for weeks and had to settle for the changes i got which were at least better then nothing and had them no longer acting as super boats

the s-boat game files are so utterly fubar that my mod was the best i could do and its not even half way to where it should be

if the fuel range and battery charge ranges are changed any more then i did then i found it would default to super subs that never run out of fuel or batteries and damage was equally as much a struggle

i think it would be easier to start over and draw up brand new files for the s-boats because the ones in the game, in my opinion, are unfixable and impossible to even find what values they use since the ones in the s-boats files certainly get little or no results to changes you make.

its been so long i cant even remember but you should be able to add my mod without it having any affect on the sound at all, my mod only changes the s-boat file folders

worst case open my mod and see what values i used for the s-boat and then copy the s-boat files from FOTRS to your desktop to mod them and then change those s-boat files to match the ones in my mod and then you have made it FOTRS compatible

you can read more about it then i can even remember about it here https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=157608

Last edited by Webster; 07-27-19 at 11:31 PM.