View Single Post
Old 10-29-20, 12:02 AM   #2084
Gray Lensman
Frogman

Downloads: 104
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
A similar configuration to my desktop, though several magnitudes stronger... mine is old-tech Core2 Duo and 2G WD Black drives... but still does fine with most anything I have at this time to throw at it. I haven't bought a new game in years, and would be hard-pressed to remember which one it was... I find a lot of the new games like lousy modern movies, and confine most of my "new" gaming to the xBox and PS4 the kids have.

Back on topic, your computer is way more than strong, and should not have an issue at all with the game ("Thank you, Captain Obvious!"). One question though: Do you have write caching enabled on the SSDs? Write-Through would be the one to use if you are using it, but I'm not certain what would happen with Write-Back when playing SH4, if it gets out of whack or fails. But what are the chances of that anyway?...

Write caching is enabled on all 3 SSDs. I have a backup UPS and the normal laptop battery so it's virtually impossible that I would lose any RAM writes in a power outage. It's not recommended to have RAM caching enabled if you don't have a power backup of some sort. You could end up with garbled crap on the hard disk if the RAM writes did not get transferred to the disk because of a sudden power loss.

Member since February 2007

Wargaming since 1971 (1st game Avalon Hill's Stalingrad)

Hobby/Gaming Computng since 1977 (TRS-80) (adhoc programming & game modding ever since)
Gray Lensman is offline   Reply With Quote