View Single Post
Old 05-17-21, 01:57 PM   #8
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threadfin View Post
The comment above is interesting, seeming to suggest that titles like Rome 2 and Attila are currently substandard in some way? And in comparison to Rome 1? I hold a very different view, but that's cool.

I've beeing playing Total War games since the Original Shogun back in 2000. from my experience the games have gone upwards till Rome Total War with the Barbarian Invasion expansion and Medieval 2 with the expansions , after that I only liked Shogun 2 and I've got issues with that game from some perspectives compared to earlier titles and the original Shogun. Empire was a disaster, Napoleon fixed some but I found it to be mediocre at best and well I don't refund often but Rome II is one of the few games I did.

The AI is nothing to write home about in RTW (or any TW game for that matter) true but they haven't really fixed it in their newer titles (or the remaster for that matter, still has the same quirks as they did in the original) and removed features like how raising troops no longer takes away pops from your cities thus having the AI able to just keep spamming full stacks and you no longer can use the tactic of attrition draining the enemy pops dry, how you can recruit generals instead of having to wait for a marriage or son come of age. just to name a few issues I have with the newer games in the series. I haven't gotten a new Total War game after Rome II (which I refunded) and don't really plan to with whatever they come up with next. Not saying the games are bad as there's plenty of enjoy them and hell I've gotten something like 300H and 200H in Empire and Shogun 2 but there's just things they streamlined from their earlier titles that draws me away from being interesting to play for me.