View Single Post
Old 05-17-21, 10:33 AM   #7
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Not feeling this one. Rome 1 was my entry point in to the series, and I have fond memories and still to this day I can recall how beautiful the strat map music was. It was a fresh and fantastic experience for me at the time. Now I own every main title aside from Med and Shogun, versions 1, and Three Kingdoms.

Nostalgia is powerful, but if I strip it away I'm left feeling that a remaster is not going quite far enough, though several of my friends have it and like it. Among the things that keep me from picking it up are pathfinding, terrible siege mechanics, an overly-cumbersome UI, and those silly battles in the mountains where you had to trudge to the top to kill the slingers up there.

I haven't ruled it out, but not chomping at the bit either.

The comment above is interesting, seeming to suggest that titles like Rome 2 and Attila are currently substandard in some way? And in comparison to Rome 1? I hold a very different view, but that's cool.

Even if I do not take this plunge I hope the remaster does well, in case it may lead to similar treatment for Med 2.