View Single Post
Old 02-04-23, 05:56 PM   #5120
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDef View Post
I'm thinking more along the lines of "rules & regulations". The recent dustup over gas ranges comes to mind, another would be the expansion of the 10 knot speed limit to include all craft between 35' & 65' long. Or the proposed change to how unrealized capital gains are taxed. and the list goes on and on. And I'd lay odds that gun control and policing (by law enforcement) will be one of the main topics at the State of the Union Speech.
Meh, I don’t have a gas stove so I’m not sweating it. . Here’s a link to the letter describing requested changes to gas stoves. https://www.booker.senate.gov/imo/me...gas_stoves.pdf

The speed limits for boats are IMO beneficial to the Northern Right Whale which has been listed in the ESA for well over 25 years. Can it help? Tough call, having enforced operating restrictions in NRW areas it’s not easy, but it can’t hurt. I think every protection should be afforded them. Plus the speed zones will most likely be seasonal and restricted to calving grounds. Florida is already littered with speed zones for every type and size watercraft to protect Manatees. Sure beats killing children and poisoning the environment with toxins mining rare earth metals in the name of saving the planet.

As for unrealized capital gains, they’re not taxed. Only after you sell your shares does Uncle step in and take a slice of your pie and the amount will depend on your tax bracket and if they were long or short term gains. It was tweaked but I don’t think it’s a big deal. That’s not say they won’t make the usual political hay out of it though.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 02-04-23 at 11:21 PM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote