View Single Post
Old 12-14-19, 12:49 PM   #12786
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
Though they can't work with AI sensors, could be a nice candy addition.
I must admit that, when I come across some broken feature (all but uncommon event when talking about SH5 lol ), there's always a little voice in my head telling me "there must be a workaround to this". Nonetheless I agree with you that, even though only cosmetic, those flares would be a nice addition that would possibly worsen the panic of a night attack by the air.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
IIRC, the problem is not in the stock files because there aren't any light nodes in the flares at all. They have been added by TDW or some other modder I guess.
That's not entirely correct, there are light nodes in scene.dat, used for sun and ambient light, but I should probably reformulate my question: has anyone tested if in vanilla game with only FX-Updates added (that is the mod that added flares to the SH5 ships), star shells still cause that huge lag?

Quote:
I remember that first flare always caused the biggest game freeze which could last for several seconds...This would be especially annoying in airplane attack situations I assume.
Yes indeed, it would be very annoying to say the least

Quote:
Could this be intentional? gap?
I was wondering that too. Electric torpedoes should not have wakes, or at least they shouldn't have wakes as evident as steam torpedoes, but as the name says the wake of steam torpedoes was caused mainly by... steam bubbles. To the best fo my understanding cavitation should have affected electric torpedoes as well as steam ones (though, due to their slower speed, to a lesser extent), so if the empty field reported by Tonci is really about cavitation effect, it might be a simple overlook.

Quote:
Earlier appearance of some weapons and equipment in the game is there to simulate new experimental and test ordnance and devices. I'm pretty much sure this was the case in KM as well and that certain captains would perform regularly "live action" testing of some new weapons and equipment long before their historical appearance date.
Yes, I agree, certain weapons and upgrades might have been available for testing before they were officially introduced in service, but for the sake of realism they should have a particularly high reward cost, and occasionally they should be affected by functional problems (that's easy to simulate with torpedoes).
On the contrary, updates that at a certain point were considered 'standard', should be completely free: an U-boat captain who was not enough charismatic or... aggressive as per B.d.U. desires would have been given a lesser important command, not sent to the Atlantic on an U-boat without torpedoes lol

Quote:
Despite all my efforts, I couldn't find the solution for conning towers. They have to bee offered always or not offered at all...
To be honest I never found conning tower settings in UPCData settings
gap is offline   Reply With Quote