View Single Post
Old 04-19-06, 10:25 AM   #8
OneShot
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

As far as the gripes about the physics modell go I think its continually going forward instead backwards ... unfortunatly other things haven't kept up with that, most notably the planesmen/trim on the sub. I'm just reading a book about subs (written by a british Rear Admiral) and some of the comments about sub behaviour can actually be found in the game, like for example the sub behaving under water and at and above certain speeds like a plane going through air, or the results of using hard rudder at higher speeds. The only problem as mentioned above is that other parts do not work like they should.

So on my end I do see a number of bugs, but most of them have been introduced after other parts of the game have been improved and then mostly as a result because the former "balance" was disturbed.

Still aside from all the bugs, I think that DW as it is now (1.03) is a pretty stable and playable game which offers a lot of fun. Only restriction is to not go down certain paths at the moment or at least know your way around, i.e. when doing certain maneuvers it is not wise to have the TA streamed to full length.

Yes this is not perfect, but then what is ...
OneShot is offline   Reply With Quote