View Single Post
Old 04-19-06, 01:14 AM   #5
Deathblow
Captain

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Warning: griping, don't read if you don't want to read griping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Demon
Cheer up, Deathblow. Good things come to those who wait.
Nope, no it doesn't... not in capitalism anyway. You guys quit sucking up to the game designers. I'm frustrated about 2 things. One is that I hate the current patches physic model. The ascending and descending behaivor's just plain goofy, with the subs rising but then going nose down during the rise and then descending a bit before rising some more. The rising and diving rates are still borked; the boats still rise too fast (and actually gain 3-4 knots speed when ascending ) and dive too slow. If I could I would go back to the stock physics...

... however, because SCS was so kind to package the bug fixes with a goofy physics model you either have to chose no bugs with goofy physics or annoying bugs but original physics... and that to me is whack. Perhaps if we were able to tap into the engine itself and mess around with the behaviour (buoyancy, etc) we could figure it out (not that I myself could because I'm not a programmer, but collectively as a community), but noooooope, "don't fix the engine" "you have to live with what we give you".

The other is this indefinite hold on, again due to the "don't change the UI" rules, against new player models. The invariable "maybe" coupled with the ubiquitous "perhaps", always accompanied by the good old "possibly" wanting to perhaps one day in the future create one or two new player models for SCS to sale for profit. My experience with other games says that this means that either new playables will never ever happen (I predict about a 50/50 shot or less of ever getting any) or if we do its not going to be for another 3 or so years till actually available (by that time I'll be out of school and DW probably dusty on my hard-drive). The last game-manufacture that I followed hoping for the invariable "someday" had a entire game community waiting for 3 years for features promised before the game was even released.... and they are still waiting and the manufacturers are still promising! Ugh!

Could they be made ourselves, yep, but nooooo don't do anything because SCS *might* could have, sorta, maybe probably, possibly one day in the year 2009 could perhaps sorta maybe want to put out 1 new model............... whoopty doo.

To top it off, things that the community request take so long to accomplish, that its up to persons like LW&A to take things into their own hands to accomplish them before the next presidential election... and request like better FFG helo control, better wire-torp options, launch transits still out of reach and likely to be indefinately ignored.... not that it might be possible to provide from a particulatly motivated and talented modder, but oh wait that's right... don't touch the engine.

So I'm sorry, I'm usually not one to complain... much... but no, I'm not impressed. I'm a gamer, I demand more
Deathblow is offline   Reply With Quote