View Single Post
Old 06-09-11, 08:25 AM   #30
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr-Berbunch View Post
Dare you to lick the paper clip!

Usually if a manufacturer includes three fans built-in, they have the one at the front pushing air in, and the top/rear ones pushing out. Which is great, but 2x fans pushing more out than the one can push in leads to air (dust) being sucked in through all the other little cracks and crevices and making it dirty inside leading to potential overheating issues. It's not great sticking a vacuum cleaner nozzle to a mobo, nor spraying an airduster at the components. I'd move, if possible, the top fan and stick it on the side, as an intake fan. Or get a larger capacity fan on the side - cheap enough. Don't forget your filters for them.
There are three fans built in, front/top/rear. Plus I can put one or two more on the side for extra intake which I probably will do if only to add some more BIG BLUE LED LIGHTS WHOOOOOOO!!!!

Er, sorry, that last bit was just to make Jan's head explode.

There's also a filtered vent on the bottom, for the PSU intake I presume. Haven't checked to see about filters for the onboard fans but I think there is a removable filter for the front one. Any intake fan I add I'll put a filter with for sure (I assume I don't need them for exhaust vents, I mean, we're happy if dust gets blown out of the case, right?)

Quote:
And finally, was one thread for your PC build not enough?
Are you mad, sir? An undertaking this massive and earthshaking can hardly be contained in one measly thread.

Besides which, I wasn't building anything in that thread, I was only contemplating buying some parts. It wasn't until I actually ordered them that I realized, oh crap, now I have to build a computer.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote