View Single Post
Old 12-18-20, 11:39 PM   #251
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375
Uploads: 0

[QUOTE=derstosstrupp;2714516]It’s OK, it has a lot of good information, but I highly question some of the things about actual tactics in there. Some things are quite different than what contemporary sources say. For example, in there they claim that the standard night tactic was to sneak inside the screen underwater and then surface in the convoy, which was certainly not true, at least early war.

It also describes a standard night attack as running up from behind the convoy, which again, I wouldn’t call that standard. Standard was getting forward of the beam and running in on the “dog curve”, bow on target.

So just a little things like that, which I would like to say are minor, but in a book about tactics, I don’t know, it just isn’t quite reflective of the reality as I understand it to have been.[/QUOT
thanks i didn't get it but got The Official U-boat Commander's Handbook - The Illustrated Edition and u-boat commander a periscope view battle of the atlantic

Last edited by les green01; 12-18-20 at 11:57 PM.
les green01 is offline   Reply With Quote