View Single Post
Old 03-06-21, 08:32 PM   #2848
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
But seriously, that does almost look like a graphics glitch with your Silent Running and Underwater notification icons down by the bow wake of the closer DD - whichever it is... Had you shelled-out to Windows any? A Save, Exit, Re-Load can "fix" those issues. If you moved them there yourself, no biggie.
that is purposeful.
i expand the orders box and move to where you see it every time.
i also move the icon tray to sit on top of the orders.
i do that so that my eyes have to focus on only one area to get all of that info.
think of it as acting like a HUD.

Quote:
Now, are you anywhere near a "shallows" area that the grouping maybe have traversed when you were roughly 8-10 nautical miles from them? ie: After spawning (radar or sonar detection), but just prior to rendering (visual detection)? If a group renders while going through a "shallows", they can "bounce" like that. Or, if one of the ships has a bad configuration, that can be very "contagious" and affect both ships. So give us location and date, and we'll track those bad boys down, and put some bad (er - good) text editing on them and their grouping!
no, this battle took place in the middle of Nowhere. no shallows to spawn in.
location, date, time.....October 19, 1944, 1130-ish, Somewhere in the East China Sea. if you asked me for a SWAG, it would be that this TF is 44b_Jap_TaskForce_002.

i think this is a ship config issue, but that is only my opinion. i have that opinion because you can see most of their screws and rudder. she should sit lower in the water. IMHO

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote