View Single Post
Old 09-25-19, 07:01 AM   #64
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torvald Von Mansee View Post
Heh. So many people are going to be angry when she gets the Nobel Peace Prize. She'd actually deserve it, too.
No, like so many who got the peace nobel and did not deserve it by the criteria set by the founder Alfred Nobel, she does not deserve it. It is an abuse of this prize. According to the founder of the prize it shall be rewarded once per year to people who "have done the most or the best work for fraternity between nations, for the abolition or reduction of standing armies and for the holding and promotion of peace congresses".

She did nothing of this, and did not achieve any of it.

The Nobel prizes for peace and for economics are extremely corrupted and abused these days. The pirze for economics is not even a prize founded by Nobel, but the Norwegian central bank I think, and they then abused the name of the dead Alfred Nobel becasue he could not object anymore.

I tend to take note only of the scientific Nobel prizes. Those for Literature, Peace, Economics I do not give a damn for. If I would be givne the pirze for Peace, I would even reject it, because I would not want to be mentioned in one breath with too many of the names on the list.