View Single Post
Old 07-30-19, 11:04 AM   #2
YellowFin
Engineer

Downloads: 56
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrenceflynn View Post
I am returning to playing Silent Hunter Wolves of The Pacific after many years.

I have a few questions:

What mods, there seem to be so many, should I down load (please provide links)? Just need to ensure the right ones.

Is there a way to have the game boot without the external CD/DVD being connected?

Thanks!
Terry
I'm playing with FOTRSU, see top thread on this sub forum.

I don't know the others but you could try different ones out, or you can follow the instructions to set up multiple instances of SH4 and compare them.

I use the steam version and do not need an optical disk in the drive. Some games you own on CD/DVD can be activated in steam, and subsequently can be installed and run without disk. I am not sure about this for SH4 though.

As a beginner / long time absentee I recommend you go easy on the mods, because installing many a the same time almost certainly will break things. Maybe decide for one of the mega mods and just stick with that one until you're comfortable with the game and the mod and then try something else out.

More important than mods are the LAA and other patches, if you don't already have them.

Check out the different pinned threads at the top of this sub forum, they explain how you can apply the patches and use JSGME to install mods.

Happy hunting!
YellowFin is offline   Reply With Quote