View Single Post
Old 07-08-19, 01:04 PM   #1136
SubmarinerJoe
Watch

Downloads: 24
Uploads: 0

First off I want to say I really love this mod and really appreciate all the effort that went into it but I had a few questions. These are really minor things but I figured i'd ask anyway.

Do you still get promoted with this mod installed? I ask because I just recently went through a career for the first time with this and was retired after 8 patrols without getting promoted. I started in September of '39 with a Type II with the 1st Flotilla and got roughly 50,000 tons over 8 patrols. I was awarded the U-boat clasp, German Cross, and the Iron Cross but was never promoted. Main reason I ask this is to find out if this is WAD or if I did something wrong during installation. I haven't noticed any other odd behavior or things out of place but I remember getting promoted to Oberleutnant zur See after one or two patrols in base SH3 + GWX so I wasn't sure if Commander changed the requirements for promotion.

Secondly, am I screwing myself by playing with the Type II regarding the retirement calculation? I'll admit I don't know anything about how often sub commanders were retired but that career seems...rather short. Each patrol was around 10 days at sea due to the limited number of torpedoes I had. I know this is easily fixed by just unchecking the 'realistic career' box but I was mainly just curious about it. I'm planning on doing the former and playing through until I get some time in with the Type VII anyway.

Thanks in advance for your responses and thanks again for this great mod!
SubmarinerJoe is offline   Reply With Quote