View Single Post
Old 06-19-20, 09:22 AM   #1340
Havan_IronOak
Navy Dude

Downloads: 233
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesn9 View Post
I get that, worked in computers for 38 years. BUT..

Hey, neighbor! I feel your pain! Spent a few decades in software development myself. I'm not sure that we'll ever get satisfying answers to all the technical whys and hows. This game was built pre-Vista and has never played nicely with many of Windows features.

Plus it's a bit of a Frankenstein's monster. There are artifacts that appear to have been copied whole-cloth from Silent Hunter III then just never used. Some of it's been repaired over the years with mods (which can easily introduce their own weirdness)

My latest "death" occurred when I plotted a course into Freemantle and came in with Time Compression over 1000. Loaded up a save and ran it again reducing Time compression just before I got close to port... worked just fine. I like to tell myself that TC didn't give some "friendlies" time enough to navigate outta my way.

Of course, there's some confirmation bias. We tend to notice these things more when something goes wrong.
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
NVidia RTX2070 16 Gig
Havan_IronOak is offline   Reply With Quote