View Single Post
Old 10-17-07, 10:38 AM   #53
joegrundman
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 34
Uploads: 0

Hi,

the menu ID error is something I became very familiar with when building this mod

If it works fine with Ducimus' FTTusing JSGME, then i don't see what the problem is. But anyway...

I'm assuming you haven't changed any of the Parent IDs or Item IDs. If so, then the error is most likely one of sequencing.

If you follow these steps you should hopefully find the source of the error

Firstly double check Dials.cfg that you have correctly continued the numbered sequence of dial numbers. Also check that you increased the DialsNo= Line at the beginning of the file to be the same is the value of the last entry+1.

The error was unlikely to be there, so move on to the next stage. Open the menu_1024_768 and double check that all the new entries are numbered correctly. Watch out for those entries that are G26 and those that are G3F. You need to number them to continue from their respective sections, rather than from each other. I.e. the first entry of the AOB finder should follow on from the last section of G26. The first section of the Attack disk should follow on from the last entry of G3F.

If all this appears correct, the look at the end of the menu file, but just before where you pasted this mod. Look to see if any other entries to the G3F or G26 files are there. This is where the FLB Sale Navmap mod is kept, for example, and if you have it, you may have missed it when trying to find the final entry of the variuos sections.

Hope this does it for you

Joe
"Enemy submarines are to be called U-Boats. The term submarine is to be reserved for Allied under water vessels. U-Boats are those dastardly villains who sink our ships, while submarines are those gallant and noble craft which sink theirs." Winston Churchill
joegrundman is offline   Reply With Quote