View Single Post
Old 04-07-20, 07:32 AM   #33
CommandOfTheSea
Sailor man

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
Default Bismarck Closeups

Bismarck Closeups

Today I'd like to share a few more details about the latest improvements we've applied to our Bismarck Model.

If you take a close look you'll see that parts of the previous camouflage is shining through at the hull and the main deck. That's NOT because we were lazy...
We've used pictures of the German "Bundesarchiv" as reference, like the one at https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...Seegefecht.jpg

As you can see there the old camouflage is still shining through, the black & white stripes on the hull were hastily painted over on May 21st, 1941 in Korsfjord, and the swastikas on the main deck on the following day (as no more air recognition for the Luftwaffe was needed where she shall go).

We've also started to apply a decent "wetness" effect at the waterline, this is only static at the moment, but we do have plans already to make it dynamic so it really is only applied were the hull get's wet due to the waves.

And we've overhauled the surfaces of our decks with physical based rendering materials, a nice looking, slightly worn and at some places painted wooden deck, and a tread plate deck. I really love the looks of it. The only downside is that I'm very unhappy now with the remaining materials on the ship, we'll have to improve them too sooner or later. But the potential for photo realism is really a great outlook

That's it, I'll go back to work now so you all can play with Bismarck with our next release in Summer 2020!

CommandOfTheSea.com

Last edited by CommandOfTheSea; 04-07-20 at 07:42 AM.
CommandOfTheSea is offline   Reply With Quote