Thread: ...And Again...
View Single Post
Old 04-02-20, 08:01 PM   #50
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Hey Colin, yes I remember you! I also remember when one member started calling you "Colonel" because of your user name.

Quote:
I'll be honest I'm a rubbish pilot, I should practice more lol, I un-installed my FSX and went back to FS2004 and installed some better scenery and I'm happy with it.
That's funny. I have a copy of FS2004 (or FS 9 as some call it), but I figured I had to have FSX (or FS 10 as it is properly known). I'm doing fine with FSX and Steam, so no complaints. I've also been trying out Prepar3d v3. Just experimenting so far.

Quote:
As for Windows 10, I was on Windows 7 and had no problems running sims then I upgraded to 10, I could have rolled back but I missed the roll back date so was stuck with 10.
Cut the story short I formatted my hard drive and re-installed Windows 7 again and all is back to normal.
I've been quite happy with the recent updates to Windows 10. I used to think of going back but I have no such desire these days.

Quote:
I tried Train sim and I liked it but my problem was slowing down in time for stations and lights, I used to overshoot or slow down too soon then have to start again and often got it wrong.
I looked to buy one of those controllers but they are too expensive, I thought by now some company would have come up with more alternatives, I tried using my FS joystick but couldn't get it to marry up.
I've never been a train guy, but I'm really getting a kick out of Train Sim. I especially like the Old West trains by Smokebox and the equivalent 1880s Caledonian locos. Lots of fun, for me anyway.