View Single Post
Old 03-26-20, 12:11 PM   #2
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 1

Hello, Stewy!

I've never actually tested out the Kilo snorkling thing. It would definitely be interesting to check out but I think finding a Kilo snorkling would be pretty rare given the nature of Dangerous Waters. I imagine you'd see it from quite far and it will obviously depend on the mod. Hiding behind land definitely works to block sound, but those are pretty rare situations.

For evading torpedoes, the sidestep still applies like with submarines (run away from the torpedo at a course approximately +/-135* from the torpedo's bearing). The goal of that maneuver is to "mathematically" beat the torpedo and get outside its detection cone to avoid getting into a situation where you gotta use CMs because that gets dicey quickly, of course.

If you're up close, definitely maneuver around. I've watched a torpedo get spoofed by my nixie with truth on, and you'd want to be turning so when it gets past the nixie it's not just looking at your ship again but open ocean.

For FFG, I play it as a home base for using helos to find subs, i.e., keep your frigate as far as possible from enemy subs lol use the helos to go out and find them. FFG is much louder than a sub so you should crawl around and make like a hole in the water.

My videos:
**Exclusive Look at Modern Naval Warfare!**
Dangerous Waters Liu Doctrine (LwAmi
Learn to play Dangerous Waters
FPSchazly is offline   Reply With Quote