View Single Post
Old 03-26-20, 10:26 AM   #32
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 300
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
Well, the inevitable happened - I screwed up and lost the whole thing. I found I had a folder set aside labeled something like 'Complete finished 'Data' folder'. The last time I had it set up exactly the way I wanted I copied everything in the 'Data' folder, thinking that I would just have to install the mods and the .ini and the the other files would be ready to go. ...
Sounds like you are not using JSGME to enable the bunch of mods. If so, "there's your problem!". If you need to make personal tweaks to files, create your own mod-folder structure in MODS. It is so easy to undo mods and re-arrange in another order. Also, it can also change files in the SH3-root folder, not just /Data

The majority of mods relate to what is in the Data folder, but not all. Some files could be in the root folder (community executable patches). Or the savegames/user configuration settings in the Documents/SH3 folder may out of sync with your 'Complete finished Data folder'. As you must know, that can cause crashes as well.