View Single Post
Old 11-30-19, 05:10 AM   #12733
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3215
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogieman335 View Post
I think you can just go ahead and launch it as you usually do. Once the reshade is installed it launchs with the game. I just said to launch it with the manger the first time to make sure it activates the profile it created. I haven't really used the KSD so I am not sure.
I used the Battlefield 4 profile because it is the profile closer to SH5 shader type. The new version of reshade is capable of filmic lighting and many other shading techniques. It even has support for the Vulkin API which is what got me using it as I use it in X4 Foundations. When I had tried it with older versions of reshade it always made the log and message board hard to read and the new version doesn't as you can see from my screen shots. For those who are more knowing about reshade than me can maybe make a better profile for the game.
In my installation, DVD Gold 1.0 plus patch 1.2 and TWoS 2.2.16, and reshade installed, the game starts well from UPLAY, but from KSD or double clicking sh5.exe the game goes to CTD. Without reshade, all ways for starting the game work fine.

Also, when started via UPLAY, appears a text in the upper left corner telling reshade is active, etc. but I can't delete it, and remains there all the session.

I tried it in SH4 too, and all works fine without texts and the game starts without problems. But SH4 doesn't use UPLAY for start. I think there is a problem between reshade, sh5.exe and his relation to UPLAY.

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is online   Reply With Quote